Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram
Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Please Consider Donating!

Please Consider Donating!
Please Consider Donating! People like you keep this going

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Indiana Jones and the phantom 401k

Ever Since Indy 4, Indiana Jones 5 has been on the backburner...and for good reasons. 4 was kind of a $#%t show, so I'm sure they have been hesitant. Plus Lucas got busy with the Disney/Star Wars acquisition and his own personal matters so I'll bet it's been a slow burn. Well TODAY I was scrolling through my popculture news and I came across a promising (well....time will tell) headline:

Kathleen Kennedy Updates the Status of Indiana Jones 5

 so naturally I'm excited. I click it. I read it. I ponder about it. And while I am still excited I am wary. I don't know..... Continue reading for the scooop
The article can be read here here or here. They are the same link as here.
There was a few things (and by a few I mean about 3/4 of the article) that worry me:
David Koepp, who wrote Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, will write the script for the sequel.  Last year, Koepp said there was a “good idea” in place to get it off the ground.

or

We’re working away, getting the script where we want it to be and then we’ll be ready to go,” explained Kennedy. “Harrison Ford will be involved, yeah. It’s not a reboot; it’s a continuation.”

or

Indiana Jones 5 was previously set to hit theaters in July 9, 2021. However, it’s unclear if Lucasfilm will push the date back once again. 

I'm just saying, Kathleen Kennedy seems a little big dodgy. I mean as far as I'm concerned she did a good job wrangling disney AND Star Wars for the new Trilogy, but I really didnt like Indy 4 much so I am skeptical. Plus the wording she used for Ford's involvement is a little vague, like maybe a glorified cameo. IDK, I am most likely being biased here I'll admit but All of that coupled with 1, potentially 2 push backs. I am just worried they will Nuke the fridge harder than it already has been yanno. IDK

The last film in the series was Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull; which came out back in 2008. There have been a few updates which indicated that Indiana Jones 5 was still on the backburner. Last year, Ford noted that production would begin shooting soon, and he was “looking forward to it.” However, an exact filming date wasn’t provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment