Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram
Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Please Consider Donating!

Please Consider Donating!
Please Consider Donating! People like you keep this going

Friday, April 17, 2015

The Rundown......mostly Star Wars

Hello everybody! Hectic, hectic, hectic. So much going on. Between wedding planning, friends having babies, friends having bachelor parties, friends getting married, money stresses and allllllllllllll the fun and frustratingly beautiful and hectic things life throws at you, I have been absent.... but I seek to rectify this with some fun and exciting articles on the chopping block.

So let me start-off first by saying this:

THE NEW STAR WARS TRAILER IS THEEEEEE SHIT!

I'm not going to even hide it....WATCH IT! If you want a further scoop on some things that I've come across continue reading, because this trailer has left plenty up to speculation......

Gosh I'm all giddy........If it was up to me I'd just post pictures and gifs to communicate a visual narrative and let you heart (and inner child) fill the gaps with pieces of Star Wars nostalgia. But I gotta have some sort of writing here....I mean shoot.





#1 The kylo Ren reveal!

The much anticipated unveiling of Episode 7's main protagonist, Kylo Ren (seen here looking VERYMUCH like Darth Revan........intentional?)
It is a rumor that he may be a sith inquisitor or a jedi/sith relic hunter. This could explain why he as Vader's (albeit modified) lightsaber.
and possibly why there is this shot of a post-funeral pyre melted Vader-face......

(minus the cheesy joke)

So, in theory of course, if this person is a relic hunter it could also explain why he/she needs a lightsaber cross guard (which is starting to grow on me).



onto the next point.

#2 BB-8 is REAL!
Not exactly the biggest reveal but one of the more exciting ones in my opinion. The fact that this technology actually exists is what boggles my mind. They were able to pull off this mobile ball-thing because of recently developed techniques either in robotics, movie production, or both (either way... awesome. See video below)





#3 The storm troopers!
That's right ladies and gents.....the full look is here


I like em'. Theyre sexy, sleak, retro, and minimalist. Can't go wrong with original concept art designs. Plus there's another trooper/something else but we will get into that later



#4 Han and Chewie are back!
I know This pic is in bad taste......but it sure is entertaining as well.
This shot in all seriousness brought the trailer, my feelings, and the orig cast back in a biiiiig way. Just the feelz going on were off the charts
This definitely was my favorite moment of the trailer again....
in all seriousness. It is always nice when you 'get the band back together' and do it right.



#5 Mother effing Luke Skywalker

I don't know a whole lot about this hooded figure other than Luke's Voice over cuts to Vader when he references his dad, he says "I have it" when it cuts to this and then cuts to a close up of somebody (I'm assuming Leia or HER offspring. Both would make sense in context of the speech....if her mom had it she would too) receiving Anakin's (Not VADER's...but the Blue Saber from ANH and ESB) lightsaber from Luke. In Cannon he does end up retrieving it back after getting his hand lopped off, I can't recall how but they did visit that little detail so he DOES have it. He builds his Green Saber in a deleted ROTJ scene. It is a rite of passage for Jedi Knights to make a saber.



#6 Is this Boba Fett!? (spoiler alert: likely not)
People are saying that this myserious 'chrometrooper' is none other than BOBA FETT, the fett man himself. Now I will be the first to admit my speculation is no more or less valid than anybody elses', however, keep in mind that DANE COOK of all people may have started this rumor. Besides the more likely rumor is that it is this wonderful actor from GoT
Brienne of Tarth herself. Since we have no face we have 0 confirmation but we do have body language and to be (after watching gifs) the hip-movement and shoulder movement suggest more feminine-like body language. I could be reading into it but after watching 3 out of 4 episodes of the leaked new season you can compare that brief strut with some of her movements. Not to mention if you were Boba Fett and you were awesome and had a mandalorian heritage and upbringing you wouldnt ditch the armor you consider an extension of yourself. Unlikely.... unless they do the starkiller route where its the only way he can survive.  (wow who would have thought this rumor would be my longest piece to weigh in on)




#7 Sand Planet Revealed!

It is not Tattoine as most of us thought (generalizing of course) but a new planet named Jakku and it will be featured in the New Star Wars battlefront game.

notice as I get further and further down the list the desciptions get shorter and shorter..... Then again I guess I am ranking them in order my bias excitement.
But this has been confirmed as the planet we meet one of our new main cast on and it also might be where we get that awesome tracking shot of a tie-fighter chasing the Millenium Falcon


RANDOM PICS!
















(this was shot in 1983...keep that in mind)



Cast photo in between scenes (this is a joke of course......but cute couple....awesome idea)

No comments:

Post a Comment