Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram
Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Please Consider Donating!

Please Consider Donating!
Please Consider Donating! People like you keep this going

Saturday, November 30, 2013

$150...a little pricey but we're onto something here: Portable hydrogen-cell charger

I was doing my usual stumbling when I came across this bad boy from the lovely folks at POPULARSCIENCE (you know....that one place where I constantly cite articles and other peculiar things....)

It's the Brunton Hydrogen Reactor (which i'm sure doesn't live up to the name, but owning a hydrogen reacto..ANDDD it's portable.... double bonus)

"A single Hydrogen Reactor cartridge carries a week’s worth of smartphone power—more juice than any other portable source. When a user inserts one of the 3-inch cartridges into the Reactor, a catalyst frees electrons from hydrogen. The freed electrons move into a circuit that delivers power to gadgets over USB. The remaining hydrogen reacts with oxygen to produce the process’s only byproduct: water vapor."


------S*T*A*T*S------
Output: 2 amps

Cartridge capacity: 8,500 mAh 


I swear I'm not doing a product plug.... I just find this nifty. As time progresses this will only get cheaper and more refined. HUZZAH!


-Sincerely,

ME
(Thanks Caffeine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment