Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram
Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Please Consider Donating!

Please Consider Donating!
Please Consider Donating! People like you keep this going

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Interesting article about cinematography and movie visuals




"Every Frame a painting"
I'm paraphrasing but I have heard this mantra iterated and reiterated in just about every film class or film study class I have ever taken. Kurosawa did it, Kubrick did it, and Hitchcock DEFINITELY DID IT. Lately I have become a big fan of my Boy Nicolas Winding Refn doing it... but I digress....
I stumbled on a few article pertaining to the subject and if you fancy yourself a film connoisseur like myself, you may enjoy this....although if youre a film buff chances are you already knows about this (cough cough... CITIZEN KAIN, Battle Potemkin.....) either way.... enjoy (I love any mentions of Akira Kurosawa because he is my favorite director of all time son)

1st up...... STANLEY KUBRICK 
(after a brief aside about Akira Kurosawa....)



If you don't know about it him...you should. His films are marvelous and his influence is heavy in american pop culcture..... from A bugs life, to Star Wars, to Eastwood Trilogies, and even a hint of that Ghost Dog http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Kurosawa

CONTINUE READING FOR SOME OF THIS THO.....


The first article on the chopping block deals with another one of my faves... Stanley Kubrick
for the aspiring filmmaker or curious filmbuff......or anybody else..... or somebody bored
or a person stoned of their a**..... give it a read!

pretty awesome....... and it's where I got the GIF ^ above. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for this movie and Io9 did a great job with this article.



a technique used often in his films....... sound or look familiar?




hm.... while we're at it..... let's have some fun


and if you're in the mood to conspiracize...... this is right up your alley....
although I don't think it is true, stranger things HAVE happened...
ooooooooo......spoooooky















FREE WALLPAPER!




.......

................
.............................

......................................
...................................
............................
..................
.............
...........
.........
.......
....
..
.
.
.
.
..





No comments:

Post a Comment