Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram
Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Please Consider Donating!

Please Consider Donating!
Please Consider Donating! People like you keep this going

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My first Post Back from the Dead: And it's about Pooping and Menstruation (take that tight asses)

I've been without Internet since Thursday and it's been a lot of things. At first it was frustrating because, let's face it, we are all becoming addicted/dependent/whatever-you-want-to-call-it on technology but after a day or two the 'itch' went away. Not to mention the little fact that I spent Friday thru Sunday (literally from the time I woke up to the time I layed down) Packing/Unpacking Moving and rearranging my whole life because I moved into an apartment with my longtime Girlfriend (8 years longtime.... BOOYA! I lover her) Nancy. Without going into the details on that (and yes it actually IS going smooth and it IS relatively perfect) I can say that it is just marvelous.

I know I've been gone and I know you may or may not care, but I'm BACK and that's all that matters, so let's get into it:

FYI: Why Do I Poop More When I Have My Period?
(Thanks to POPULARSCIENCE's website for posting this ARTICLE. I needed that)

Continue reading on if this interests you (you might as well....you've invested this much)

A snip-et:
"Not all women experience more frequent bowel movements when they have their periods. Some girls feel the effects of prostaglandin on their bowels as nausea. Others actually get diarrhea. Still others are not so bothered at all."

So in other words......our bodies are DIFFERENT and no amount of medical studies can convince people otherwise apparently. But what do I know (literally NOTHING in this instance, I'm no friggin DOCTOR)

"prostaglandins. These are the chemical signals girls' and women's bodies make and send to the uterus to tell it to contract, thus expelling the uterine lining at the end of the menstrual cycle. Prostaglandins aren't super picky about whom they talk to, however. If the body sends enough of them to the uterus, some stray prostaglandins will make it over to the bowel, which is located nearby. There, they also tell the bowel to contract, thus expelling… you know."


"Incidentally, those who get painful cramps can blame high levels of prostaglandins. Some women's bodies are just overzealous in their prostaglandin production. This makes the uterus contract more strongly. During especially strong contractions, the blood supply to the uterus gets cut off, causing pain."

READ THE FULL ARTICLE: here 

No comments:

Post a Comment