Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram
Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Please Consider Donating!

Please Consider Donating!
Please Consider Donating! People like you keep this going

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Thanks I F-ing < 3 science, you helped me with 50% of this article.

I'm glad that I F-ing love science finally has a website, or at least one that I know about. It always seems to have insightful and wonderful article as well as access to current info/trends/breakthroughs in a myriad of scientific fields. Bottom line: It is a pretty good (albeit it sometimes biased......but everything is) one-stopp-shop for science news and info.

Now that I'm done hyping/plugging or whatever it's called (I call it a shout out because I'm not benefiting or getting paid to praise, I just [mostly] support their cause) I can move onto a story that came out of there....
What could have caused this:


Continue for the Scoop

It is known as the 'Crooked Forest' and it is located in Poland, near a small town called Gryfino. Scientist are still stumped as to what or who or whom did this.

"The Crooked Forest consists of around 400 pine trees that grow with a 90-degree bend at their base, the vast majority of which are bent northward. Curiously, the Crooked Forest is enveloped by a larger forest of straight growing pine trees. It is estimated that the trees were planted in the 1930s and that they were around 7-10 years old when they experienced whatever force/damage that resulted in trunk curvature"
They jokingly mention in the article that it was Aliens..... I will follow suite-- What if Aliens did it? (how anti-climatic)

"Some believe that fluctuations in gravitational forces or a unique gravitational pull in the area could be responsible, but there is basically zero evidence to support this bizarre theory. The force of gravity pulls objects down, not sideways."

www.iflscience.com <------source Article n stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment