Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram
Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Please Consider Donating!

Please Consider Donating!
Please Consider Donating! People like you keep this going

Monday, August 5, 2013

Space Tourism, the final frontier....for Death: Space Tourism claims 'first lives' (as if anybody cares about super rich people)

In a strange turn of events that can't even be described as 'typical,' the casual 'sport' (if that's we'd call it) of space tourism has claimed its first lives. Now I don't really have much else to report here....
I found this 'Article' at PopularScience's website (Now when I say article that's a stretch because I've already typed more in here than I read in there) sourced: here (although technically I don't have to cite a source because I'm not borrowing any information)




THIS IS LITERALLY THE EXTENT OF THE ARTICLE:

An explosion during a rocket test at Scaled Composites-builder of the forthcoming SpaceShipTwo for Virgin Galactic-kills three and injures an additional three

END OF SOURCED ARTICLE

So I've actually given you MORE information than I previously read. I won't even make your read on because it would be pointless.... (read on because I actually find an article about it from the guardian)








Actually I lied.... because this 'article' got me curious to find out what actually happened.... so after some digging I found another article (this one I will CITE: Source HERE via The Guardian's website) that stated the following:

"All those killed and injured worked for Scaled Composites, the private venture run by aerospace designer Burt Rutan, whose SpaceShipOne became the first private manned rocket to reach space.
The blast, shortly after 2:30pm yesterday (10.30pm UK time), happened during testing work on a rocket motor for SpaceShipTwo, which is being designed and built by Scaled for Mr Branson's proposed Virgin Galactic space tourism venture.

 Now I can't find the names of these three tragic victims although I'd like to just so you could know that they lived! (and died...too soon?) In all serious my heart goes out to their families and friends and loved ones. It's never easy losing ANYBODY.

"To infinity..and Beyond"- David Bowie
(^Troll much?)

No comments:

Post a Comment