Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram
Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Please Consider Donating!

Please Consider Donating!
Please Consider Donating! People like you keep this going

Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Dolphin Tale

As We all know (and as I say time and time again) I fucking LVOE science. I fucking love 'I fucking Love Science's facebook page. Forthemost part everything they post I agree with (which in science is amazing because all scientists continue the debate over whose theories are more right LOL) but I especially like this one.

First off: Soap-boxin time.... I think Dolphins are such a humbling, respectful, insightful, intuitive and majestic person. That's right, I said person.. Just like stated in the above picture I don't necessarily think

Dolphins are animals in the traditional sense. They have empathy, compassion and what we interpret as a high intelligence. and I'll even go so far as to say that in a conspiracy theory/cryptozoologist sense I wouldn't be surprised if the dolphin's descendent was the missing link between homo sapiens and mermaid-esque creatures. Granted I know that is such a far-fetch but it IS possible and we aren't even 100% sure that we know what we know anyways. I'm just saying that we may share common blood (albeit separated by thousands if-not millions of years of evolution.


“Whereas cetaceans in general are highly intelligent and sensitive, and various scientists who have researched dolphin behavior have suggested that the unusually high intelligence; as compared to other animals means that dolphin should be seen as ‘non-human persons’ and as such should have their own specific rights and is morally unacceptable to keep them captive for entertainment purpose.”
Read this article here from treehugger.com (it's where the pictures and the quote are from)
or click HERE if you are confused




No comments:

Post a Comment