Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram
Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Please Consider Donating!

Please Consider Donating!
Please Consider Donating! People like you keep this going

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Critical Consensus: While I don't want to speak for Terry Gilliam, I'd like to think that we share a common view on hollywood and how people only want happy endings

I love Terry Gilliam (and I STILL need to see BRAZIL..FUCK! Jeff Bloomer and Trystam Muprhy-Fahlgren would be sooooo disappointed in me) and his movies. I love his devotion to his craft and I admire his never-say-die attitude. Realistically I need to get mine back so I can be unstoppable in the film industry, but I digress.... Mr. Gilliam released an interview for TCM (Turner Classic Movies) talking about a few biffs he has with Hollywood. Mainly it's just that we as an audience have gotten very used to having stories that wrap up nicely and don't leave room for interpretation or thought.
I agree with him, and although he doesn't blame the audience I partially do. Although we can't choose the crap dangled in front of us we can choose to bit or not and more times than  not we bite anyways... pssh who needs standards.  He makes a very good point though when using schindler's list. An although the title to the video is very misleading this isn't the focus of his interview, he just expresses how differently he would have approached the story.

Continue reading for the link to the video!






Applause, applause, to this kind soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment