Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram
Click here to visit Dakk's Instagram

Please Consider Donating!

Please Consider Donating!
Please Consider Donating! People like you keep this going

Monday, July 29, 2013

One time I legit made a K'nex Drum set, for real, with working Bass Pedal. But that ain't shit compared to a LEGO prosthetic Leg!!!!!: <---Already self titled

So I love creativity....
I also love innovation....
I especially love things that are unconventional...
Which means....
I LOVE THIS:

That's pretty punk rock if I do say so myself! (which I do, so booya!)
Lets see what the article said: (even though technically much isn't said. pretty self explanatory)

Continue on for the whole story (as far as I know at least)


Practicing occupational therapist christina stephens, a victim who had her foot amputated after a crash injury created a prosthetic entirely out of LEGO pieces. stephens built the extension when someone in her research lab jokingly suggested to make a prosthetic leg out of the toy construction blocks. to read more articles on prosthesis on designboom.

I give props to anybody who can rock LEGO. I mean it must be hard enough to endure not having the fully functional use of two legs (I am very grateful for mine BTW) let alone have to worry about your leg (and from what I've heard those things can sometimes be a little more fragile than you'd expect) but with LEGO those problems and insecurities are gone! You can build a badass fortress then pack it up and go (not trying to be mean or a smart-ass, just imagining silver-linings)

here's another picture.


and we even have a youtube video!




CHYEA, you go Christina! rock that confidence
(orig article HERE, via AWEscience)

No comments:

Post a Comment